By Thomas Keenan,Subhadra Evans,Kevin Crowley
An creation to baby improvement, 3rd Edition provides undergraduate scholars in psychology and different disciplines with a finished survey of the most parts of kid improvement, from infancy via to formative years, in a effectively obtainable layout. It equips scholars with an appreciation of the severe matters, whereas supplying balanced assurance of themes that symbolize either vintage and leading edge paintings during this tremendous and interesting field.
The new version has been totally up to date and features:
- Topical learn examples from present literature in psychology, schooling, nursing and medication together with new fabric on fetal studying and the position of play
- New and extended sections masking key modern concerns in cognitive, emotional and social development
- New good points resembling 'Points for mirrored image' containers, designed to motivate the reader to mirror extra deeply at the topic matter
- Access to an superior SAGE area better half web site which good points on-line readings, Powerpoint Slides, ‘Test your self’ questions and lots more and plenty extra (https://edge.sagepub.com/keenan3e).
This textbook is key examining for undergraduate scholars taking an introductory path in baby development or developmental psychology and gives a transparent and obtainable origin for essays, assignments and different projects.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series) PDF
Similar adolescent psychology books
This quantity experiences a variety of empirically supported techniques to prevention and remedy of adolescent substance use difficulties. the focal point is on motivationally dependent short interventions that may be added in various contexts, that deal with key developmental issues, and that draw on state of the art wisdom on addictive habit swap.
How do childrens examine and the way are new modes of proposal constructed? those questions have for years been of paramount curiosity to psychologists and others focused on the cognitive improvement of the kid. during this significant paintings, initially released in 1974 and reporting on over ten years’ learn of the Geneva university, the authors carried the pioneering investigations of Jean Piaget to a brand new and noteworthy point.
Vivimos en una sociedad caracterizada por profundas transformaciones sociales que dan lugar en numerosas ocasiones a una incertidumbre, que a veces nos hace vernos sin capacidad de respuesta. l. a. resiliencia implica, no sólo un afrontamiento, sino lo que es más importante, también una transformación, un aprendizaje, un crecimiento, que va más allá de los angeles mera resistencia a las dificultades.
This booklet comes as a part of a broader undertaking the editor is constructing aiming significantly to articulate a few theoretical and methodological problems with cultural psychology with the learn and sensible paintings of psychologists with Amerindian peoples. As such, the undertaking – of which the current e-book is an element – issues to a meta-theoretical mirrored image aiming to herald new theoretical-methodological and moral reflections to Cultural Psychology.
- Engaging Boys in Treatment: Creative Approaches to the Therapy Process (The Routledge Series on Counseling and Psychotherapy with Boys and Men)
- Media and the Well-Being of Children and Adolescents
- Stolen Child: A Mother's Journey to Rescue Her Son from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Adolescentes violentos: Con los otros, con ellos mismos (Problem Solving) (Spanish Edition)
Extra resources for An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series)
An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series) by Thomas Keenan,Subhadra Evans,Kevin Crowley