By Jorge V José
On the fortieth anniversary of the Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless concept (BKT), this informative quantity appears to be like again at many of the advancements and achievements and sundry physics purposes which ensued from the attractive BKT vortex-unbinding seminal idea.
During the final 4 many years, BKT thought, that's undeniably probably the most vital advancements in condensed subject and theoretical physics of the second one half the 20th century, has increased commonly. it's been used and prolonged from many alternative theoretical and experimental views. New and unforeseen positive factors were exposed from the BKT idea. when you consider that its inception, except purposes in condensed subject physics, the speculation has been actively utilized in different branches of physics, corresponding to excessive strength physics, atomic physics, nuclear physics, statistical physics, nonlinear platforms, and so forth. This makes the speculation an fundamental subject for all who're curious about physics.
An foreign workforce of specialists, each one of whom has left his mark at the advancements of this amazing idea and experimental purposes, give a contribution either ancient essays and extra specified present technical and experimental bills to this quantity. those articles spotlight the recent discoveries from the respective authors' perspectives.
This particular quantity celebrates the impression over 4 many years of the BKT thought on smooth physics. as well as the ancient standpoint supplied by means of Kosterlitz and Thouless's review, the quantity presents a complete description of experimental and theoretical functions and extensions of the BKT theory.
- Early paintings on illness pushed part Transitions (J M Kosterlitz and D J Thouless)
- Duality, Gauge Symmetries, Renormalization teams and the BKT Transition (J V José)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in the course of the Eyes of Duality (G Ortiz, E Cobanera and Z Nussinov)
- The Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in Superconductors (A M Goldman)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in the Sine–Gordon process: The position of the Vortex-Core strength (L Benfatto, C Castellani and T Giamarchi)
- The Two-Dimensional absolutely annoyed XY version (S Teitel)
- Charges and Vortices in Josephson Junction Arrays (R Fazio and G Schön)
- Superinsulator–Superconductor Duality in Dimensions and Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition (V M Vinokur and T I Baturina)
- BKT Physics with Two-Dimensional Atomic Gases (Z Hadzibabic and J Dalibard)
- Vortex Physics within the Quantum corridor Bilayer (H A Fertig and G Murthy)
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers in condensed subject and theoretical physics.
Read or Download 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory PDF
Best molecular physics books
This quantity of Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics keeps the culture of the Advances sequence. It comprises contributions from specialists within the box of atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics. The articles include a few assessment fabric, yet are meant to supply a entire photo of modern very important advancements in AMO physics.
This quantity provides contemporary growth and views in multi-photon tactics and spectroscopy of atoms, ions, molecules and solids. the themes within the sequence conceal the experimental and theoretical investigations within the interdisciplinary learn fields of normal technological know-how together with chemistry, physics, bioscience and fabric technology.
Electron Densities in Molecules and Molecular Orbitals goals to give an explanation for the topic of molecular orbitals with no need to count a lot on its mathematical element, making it extra approachable to people who are new to quantum chemistry. The publication covers issues resembling orbitals in quantum-chemical calculations; digital ionizations and transitions; molecular-orbital swap distributions; orbital alterations and calculations now not regarding orbitals; and electron densities and shapes in atoms and molecules.
A concise creation to the state of the art technological know-how of particle physicsThe average version of particle physics describes our present realizing of nature's primary debris and their interactions, but gaps stay. for instance, it doesn't contain a quantum concept of gravity, nor does it clarify the lifestyles of darkish topic.
- The Fragment Molecular Orbital Method: Practical Applications to Large Molecular Systems
- Popularization and People (1911-1962): 12 (Niels Bohr - Collected Works)
- Theory of Atomic and Molecular Clusters: With a Glimpse at Experiments (Springer Series in Cluster Physics)
- Organic Synthesis and Molecular Engineering
- Relativistische Quantentheorie: Eine Einführung in die Quantenfeldtheorie (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
Additional info for 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory
40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory by Jorge V José